Sunday 29 May 2011

Week Round Up - Transfers, Transfers & Tranfers

The midst of the endless end of season long boring spell of untrue rumours, occasional signing and overall, disappointment and boredom has begun. The last week has not been that great, and last nights game excellently dubbed 'a twat-fest' by a friend of mine, was for me extremely annoying to watch due to my hatred for so many of the players on show.

Wenger has been promised funds for players by our new owner and the club is looking for some 'wise investments.' Incidentally, Kroenke's deal over the club was approved by the Premier League

This week we have been linked with a few more players coming in, as well as a few more leaving. Benzema played down the mass transfer talk after Wenger's comments that he 'likes' his fellow Frenchman. He said he was 'honored' by the interest form our club but overall:
"I feel very good at Madrid, in the team, I adore the fans, the people, the stadium... I'm going to stay for many years."
However his opinion may well change, especially as Madrid step up their own transfer business. Recently they have been strongly liked to Cavani, Tevez, Adebayor and Aguero and if one - or possibly more - of those players does end up in sunny Spain, Benzema may not enjoy being so far down in the pecking order.


Also this week, apparently Arsenal scouts were in Argentina to speak to the representatives at Velez over a deal for Ricardo Alvarez. The tall attacking midfielder is rated very highly by Velez and would not leave for less that £10 million, which makes his transfer not very likely in my eyes.


It seem that everyone is expecting a lot of things this summer, and after scoring this wonderful goal for Wales, Ramsey has said that he expects a busy summer:
"I expect Arsene will be active in the transfer market, here have been a few names mentioned and I am sure there will be a few players in and out."
The Wales captain also said he's looking forward to next season:
"Personally, next season will be a big one for me as it's my first full campaign since my injury. Like everybody else I'll have a break now, but I know I can have a good season when it gets going again." 
I think it is key that our players are coming out and saying that we need new signings. I know a lot of them have complete faith in Wenger, but as professionals they will be disappointed that such a talented group of players have not been able to win anything. This summer is an integral one in our future as if we do let one or more of our three most creative players Cesc, Arshavin and the 'Petit Prince' himself Nasri leave this summer then the rest of the squad will be annoyed and may reconsider their own futures at the club.


The Nasri situation is very precarious, and the more time that goes without him signing makes me more and more nervous about whether he will. However, many people have said that he is just trying to get Arsenal to improve the squad with more players of his quality - who doesn't want that? - and i'm sure his agent is intent on squeezing us for a bit more money.


More to come during the week, and i'm sure I join most Gooners in wishing good luck to Benik Afobe in today's league 1 play off final.


I'll leave you all with the nice thought of this happening in a hotel in London last night though!


No comments:

Post a Comment